Largest and densely populated district in eastern Bhuan, and once was the center of trade with Tibet. Agriculture is the main source of income to the people of this Dzongkhag and it is the junction of the east-west highway with the road connecting to Samdrupjongkhar and then to Assam, India.

Trashigang Dzong
Meaning the “Fortress of Auspicious Mount” was built in 1659 by Kudung Pekar chopel, originally planned by Chhoegyel Minjure Tempa.  Recently renovated and serves as the administrative seat of the Dzongkhag.

Ranjung Woesel Choling
Founded by Garab Rinpoche in 1990. It is a Nyingmapa monastery.

Radhi and Phogmey village
Also known as rice pounding village. This village is also famous for textile weavings.